VECCS 2014 was attended by over 2100 Veterinarians, Technicians, Managers, and Students.
||Job Fair Representatives
IVECCS 2014 was the 20th IVECCS as well as the 25th anniversary of the official recognition of ACVECC. There were 2,695 total registrants which included 233 international registrants from 27 foreign countries. This state-of-the-art symposium was again conducted jointly by the Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society (VECCS), American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (ACVECC), and the Academy of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Technicians (AVECCT). The American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (ACVAA) again met at IVECCS and presented two tracks of Research Abstracts as well as coordinating the IVECCS anesthesia/analgesia program. Additionally, the ACVAA conducted their Diplomate business meetings and candidate certification exams at the symposium. The Academy of Veterinary Technician Anesthetists (AVTA) held their business meetings and Veterinary Technician Specialty (VTS) certifying exam at IVECCS while also conducting a special anesthesia lecture series on the technician program. The International Veterinary Academy of Pain Management (IVAPM) met at IVECCS as an affiliate. The organization held their business meetings, practitioner exam and coordinated a portion of the Pain Management program.
The theme for IVECCS 2014 was “Infectious Disease: Emergency & Critical Care Issues” and was the focus of several laboratory and diagnostic support topics. Over 430 hours of scientific program presentations by 150 speakers were provided to attendees while still emphasizing the latest in therapeutic interventions utilized in day-to-day practice. Additionally, four special “daybreak sessions” were offered this year as well as many innovative (first time) workshops and wet labs. Symposium program highlights:
- Multidisciplinary Review sessions - attended by 220 vets and 55 techs
- Nearly 100 ACVECC (SA & LA) & ACVAA research abstracts and 40 poster abstracts
- Several lecture blocks on infectious diseases, infection control
- Updates on Clinical Cardiology, Sepsis, Coagulation, Trauma Management, and Fluid therapy: Crystalloid vs Colloid Controversies
- ACVECC Year-in-Review - Overflow sessions providing in-depth literature reviews
- Two half day “What is the Evidence” modules to examine controversies and clinical dilemmas
- A day of Leadership and three days Practice Management sessions including interactive workshops
- Four days, three tracks each day, of technician lectures and workshops
- Wet labs on Echocardiography, Cardiac Output Measurements, Monitoring Arterial Catheterization, Emergency Surgery, Endoscopy, AFAST/TFAST and more.
- Welcome Reception in the Indiana State Museum
- General Session:
- Dr Mark Nunnally delivered an exhilarating lecture on Sepsis
- Awards Ceremony
- Recognition of ACVECC Charter Diplomates
- Memoriam for Dr Steve Haskins
Symposium surveys showed very strong satisfaction with IVECCS as 98% of attendees responding said they would recommend IVECCS to a colleague and over 97% indicated they would attended another IVECCS within two Years. IVECCS 2015 will be held September 18-22 at the Gaylord National in Washington DC.
IVECCS 2015 EVAL WINNERS
Thank you to everyone that complete the IVECCS eval on the Mobile App! Below is the list of this year's drawing winners.
2015 IVECCS Free General Registration
Dr. Hyekyung Lee, Haemaru Referral Animal Hospital; South Korea
One Free Night at IVECCS 2015 Headquarters Hotel
Dr. Carrie Loesch; Peyton, CO
$200 LES Credit at IVECCS 2015
Dr. Heidi Haw, Veterinary Emergency Service; Marshall, WI
Complimentary 2015 VECCS Membership
Eric McQuinn, Tanasbourne Veterinary Emergency; Beaverton, OR
One Free Set of VECCS Scrubs
Dr. Danielle Schilpp, New England Equine Practice; Patterson, NY 12563
One Free Set of RECOVER CPR Posters
Dr. Mary Allen, Blue Oak Veterinary Hospital; Jackson, CA
Dr. Lara Rasmussen, Veterinary Surgical Specialists; River Falls, WI
Dr. Amaris Pao Franco; Las Vegas, NV
Kristin Freitas, SAGE Centers; Dublin, CA
Jennifer Cyborski; Appleton, WI